• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. The 3rd Generation RAV4 came in two body types....the Japanese and some european markets got the RAV4 in Shortwheel base form, whilst some markets got it in Long Wheel Base form. However in Japan both the Short and Long wheel base versions were sold. The SWB was badged as RAV4 and the LWB version as Vanguard (so it is incorrect to call it RAV4 Vanguard...although one can be understood for calling it such). THe Vanguard was introduced to the Japense market as the replacement for the Kluger (Highlander in other markets) as the new model of Kluger was not introduced in Japan. If you are looking at the 2.4L Vangauard then it has the same engine and gearbox as the RAV4 (the variant that is common in SL) which is a 2AZ engine with a K112 series CVT. If you are looking at a 3.5L variant, then is has the 2GR engine from the Crown with a U151 5 speed automatic transmission. The 2.4L variant machanical parts would be easy to find because there are plenty of SWB RAV4s around. The 3.5L engine parts would be a bit harder to find but not impossible. Some body parts between the RAV4 and Vanguard are interchangeable..some are not...so those parts owuld requires some hunting down. The 3.5L variant is a lot more nippier and fun to drive with the extra power and raunchiness of the automatic transmission. The 2.4L with the CVT is also prettier decent but the CVT takes a bit of the fun away. The Vanguard is not as nimble as the shorter RAV4 but it does feel a bit more stable and comfy at higher speeds (as to be expected with a LWB). As for the third row seat at the back....it is quite easy to get in and out of and has enough leg room space if you are a short built person and the middle row seat has been pulled a bit forward. Same goes with head room. Shoulders would be rubbing a bit though. With the third row seats down you will have luggage room for 1 medium suitcase and some grocery bags and that is it.
  4. iRage

Can 6 people ride in an allion or premio

Usually the JDM vehicles would have softer spring rates and lower perches along with, in some cases, shocks that have different strokes and captive regions than their export model counter parts. The latter models, especially for places like Sri Lanka, SEA, etc...; are designed with the assumption of them being for hard road usage (emerging/developing markets).
  5. Hyaenidae

Mitsubishi Lancer

Here you go
  6. Damithdmahaliyanage

Mitsubishi Lancer

Thanks all..I'm actually searching about cs versions...
  7. Damithdmahaliyanage

Mitsubishi Lancer

8. Prangi

Japanese Car News

The New RAV4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn92giMkUbk
  9. Magnum

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

Toyota had been hinting this design for couple of months now, I flipped out every time it came up on my Facebook newsfeed On the bright side, Toyota Japan will be continuing the old design
  10. What about Peugeot 505 power rack? Can we get in Sri Lanka? If you have any idea, please let me know.
  11. hrm

Vibration

Rpm is ok then. Check the condition of the the mounts. Especially the gel mount. Slight vibration at idle is normal though.
  12. PDL

Vibration

Thank for your respond.. Idle rpm around 650
  13. hrm

Vibration

How much is the rpm at idle?
  14. PDL

Premio Engine Vibration

Toyota allion 2011 genuine mileage 60000Km. There is quite vibration in cabin at idle or stopped in traffic but when releasing brake and starting to accelerate, car is completely normal and smoothly accelerate. I can feel it from seats and parts of dash board. Anyone can help Why is this vibration.  (Engine was tuned up in toyota lanka and CVT oil also changed)
  15. Toyota allion 2011 genuine mileage 60000Km. There is quite vibration in cabin at idle or stopped in traffic but when releasing brake and starting to accelerate, car is completely normal and smoothly accelerate. I can feel it from seats, trunk opener and from some parts in the dashboard. Anyone can help Why is this vibration.  (Engine was tuned up in toyota lanka and CVT oil also changed)
  16. Yesterday
  17. PDL

Toyota Allion 260 Unusual Slow Down

Yes.. Genuine mileage recorded in toyota lanka.
  18. alpha17

Check the engine mounts. Usually mounts starts failing around 100,000km. Are you sure about the mileage?
  19. PDL

Toyota allion 2011 mileage 60000Km. There is quite vibration in cabin at idle or stopped in traffic but when releasing brake and starting to accelerate, car is completely normal and smoothly accelerate. Anyone can help Why is this vibration. (Engine was tuned up in toyota lanka and CVT oil also changed)
  20. PDL

Vibration

Toyota allion 2011 mileage 60000Km. There is quite vibration in cabin at idle or stopped in traffic but when releasing brake and starting to accelerate, car is completely normal and smoothly accelerate. Anyone can help Why is this vibration. (Engine was tuned up in toyota lanka and CVT oil also changed)
  21. Devin

Viva Elite Community

Hahaa.. thanks bros.. lucky to be a member in autolanka forums.. I’ll share my thoughts after I did my first vehicle service..
  22. ghostwriter

Viva Elite Community

exactly. Even if you consider the costs, Unimo costs are fair and the things they do in a Full Service actually makes sense when you compare it with the shitload of BS you see in Autom*r*j service bills which were posted in those wagon r groups on fb.
  23. After extensive search for a 7 seater to buy under 5 million, i found this gorgeous suv called Rav4 vanguard but im very hesitant to buy it due to low amount of vehicles in the country and resale value. But i heard there are plenty of spareparts for this beauty and now the only thing im concerned about is the resale value. Any experts who can give me some solid advice on buying a Toyota Rav4 Vanguard? please advice me about the petrol consumption too Thanks in advance!!
  24. tiv

You would have flipped when you saw this eh? Sleepless nights?😆
  25. Hyaenidae

Mitsubishi Lancer

The CS must be the most discussed car on AL forum. Here are 2 threads you might find useful: http://www.elakiri.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1882176 http://www.elakiri.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1882425
  26. Magnum

The 80s and the 90s ❤️
  27. Davy

Mitsubishi Lancer

The CS remained in production even after the EX started production. From memory, it went on until 2011 or so. Whatever model it is, the forum already has enough information about either model. Please search the forum @Damithdmahaliyanage.
  28. alpha17

Kia rio 2002/2003/2004

A neighbor of mine had one, a few years ago. The car was on K plates, like KB or something. This was about 10 years ago. He never stopped complaining about the issues. He also had to met with an accident due to a problem with the steering(steering was disconnected from the front wheels). At that time the car was on brand new condition. But he said that fuel consumption is around 15kmpl on outstation. He may have used it for about 2-3 years and by the time he sold the car, it was showing the age like its been extensively used for about 10 years(eventhough he used it rarely). But I guess this was the 2005-2006 model. So the earlier model might be different.
  1. Load more activity