• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Prangi

Registration of a Car in Sri Lanka

If LC and Customs Declaration says "Brand New" and the vehicle mileage is less than 200 km, now there is a possibility to register it as "New". To get it done you need to obtain weight measurements certificate from Werahera. Otherwise they will register it as "Reconditioned". However if the vehicle is an uncommon model (Probably the first vehicle to the country), then you must obtain weight measurements certificate from werahara before proceed with the registration.
  3. Today
  4. RTM

Issue with Honda CR-V 2018 JDM

If any body wants gathers mapsd I have a one contact of Pakistanian. He is asking 120 usd for mapsd including dhl cost
  5. Malaka@123

DFSK 580

Nailed🤣🤣🤣
  6. □AVANTE□

Honda Fit GD1

Such a nice car & I have heard lots of praise for its driving feel & economy. Looks funky too especially with a spoiler and some nice rims. Heard/read about some sort of issue with the auto-gearbox, something regarding the oil or maintenance but can't exactly remember what. Also people say it's expensive to maintain. Is that compared to the others in this segment (glanza, K12, Passo, swift) or is it really expensive to maintain? Thanks in advance!
  7. □AVANTE□

Car Insurance 2019/2020

j********i charged us 75k for our old stingray covered 3.4mil. Curious..will insurance be the same/slightly higher for an evo 4 valued at probably 2.8mil when compared with the CS Lancer valued at almost the same price. Or is there a skyhigh difference?
  8. tiv

Car Insurance 2019/2020

Premium is a bit high, but impressive service
  9. K.o.N.o.S

Car Insurance 2019/2020

Yeap. I have heard Many positives on fairfirst too.No idea on charges though.
  10. monty

Registration of a Car in Sri Lanka

From Australia.
  11. Dee Jay

Shifting to N while the engine is running

I was following this thread from the beginning and there I realized that my car also gives that slight thud when I start it up next time as the guys mentioned. I currently park using the method mentioned by @trinity . Should try your method from tomorrow and see if it makes any difference!
  12. Hyaenidae

Car Insurance 2019/2020

Their charges seem very reasonable, I have a 4-year NCB with c******o, yours is cheaper even then
  13. Hyaenidae

The Belta is a CVT innit? Since it made an audible sound which went away when following this procedure I think this is applicable for CVTs as well
  14. iRage

Why does this happen to mirrors?

Okay..so it is the reflective compound getting stained...
  15. Dee Jay

should this be followed in a CVT vehicle as well?
  16. K.o.N.o.S

Car Insurance 2019/2020

Coop was the cheapest option I was able to find.
  17. □AVANTE□

Thanks for that info! Really impressed by the abundance of knowledge around here. Now I can impress a date with my knowledge on rear-view mirrors! jk, It seems to exist inside the mirror. Can't feel a thing when you touch it. The same material is there on RHS rear-view mirror but a bit whitish too. It seems to be inside the mirror so that won't do!
  18. iRage

In a mirror there is a reflective compound that is sandwiched between the forward glass and the back panel (in home mirrors the reflective material is painted on). In the past it used to be mercury..I do not know if they still use mercury or not. What happens is sometimes the sealant around the mirror breaks and then moisture gets in between the glass and the reflective compound and this causes the reflective compound to deform like this or get black spots, etc... This looks like something of the sort....hard to say without actually touching and looking at the mirror.
  19. Hyaenidae

Did you try wiping it off with a tissue?
  20. Are there any sports cars/supercar owners in autolanka or are they not exclusive enough to join the AL club?:jumping-smiley-001:

1. Hyaenidae

Hyaenidae

@Supra_Natural has a Miata if I remember correct

2. □AVANTE□

□AVANTE□

Ofc..even in this case it seems Miata Is Always The Answer

21. matroska

Car Insurance 2019/2020

[1] Con######## [2] Full [3] 89 K (with Terrorism cover added in April) for a car worth 6M [4] Dear lord I do not want to find out [5] Refer [4]
  22. □AVANTE□

What's with the weird black sludge-like pattern around the mirrors border? Its there on the rear view mirror. Is there a fix for it? Or is replacement the solution?
  23. Hyaenidae

Car Insurance 2019/2020

I paid 74k for a 3.5mil cover by c******o V*P this year! Damned extortionists
  24. K.o.N.o.S

Car Insurance 2019/2020

3.85 mil.Do you think that 68k is too much? For my previous car which was valued at 2.8 mil I paid 50k for the premium.
  25. Davy

Mazda Bj5p spark plug Brand

Take one spark plug out and take it to the shops. NGK should be a good brand for your car. A wild guess here but I think the model number of the NGK plug is BKR5E. As for engine oil, SAE 40 is the correct viscosity, but if you're using Lanka Super Plus, make sure you carry out your oil and filter change every 3000km. A better semi synthetic oil (say 10W40) like Castrol would be better IMO.
  26. trinity

Got it. Thanks guys. Will keep this in mind.
  1. Load more activity