• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sinhalese are people who lived under kings with strict rules.They never knew how to manage and think for themselfs.It is hard coded in their genes.Only way is heavy penalties and imprisonment.
  3. Today
  4. Maricruz

Purchasing a new car.

Can you stretch your budget a bit? If so, you can add a brand new Kia Picanto and Perodua Axia to your list.
  5. This is an interesting piece. http://www.ft.lk/opinion/Sustainable-and-broad-minded-solution-for-Colombo-s-traffic/14-674188 Quick Quotes "I didn’t want to explain to him that the traffic is created by drivers who drives recklessly and selfishly to reach their destination as fast as possible. They never follow lane discipline, never bother about pedestrians, and they go wherever they can move their vehicle thinking that this is the way to avoid traffic in Sri Lanka." "An open-minded and well-disciplined public will reduce 50% of self-created traffic jams." I doubt that is a research backed number, but it will definitely help. Some research here. https://www.smartmotorist.com/traffic-jams Now why do I bother posting? I can't reform everyone. But here is the hope. By reading this and learning something, it might cause people to modify their own behaviour. I have done a lot of practicing lane discipline. See the problem is, people in traffic are more reactive, they try to wriggle into whatever tiny space they can (watch the tuks) and then find themselves on the wrong lane. Of course, we can't always follow the recommended practice, have to keep moving out of the left lane due to potholes or idiots who parked cars where cars should be moving. But proactively putting yourself in the correct lane to manage your turns will help ease the traffic tremendously. As a small example take the traffic lights in front of Orion City. There is at least 4 lanes there, but cars that can travel straight through the lights are eternally stuck behind people who want to turn but occupy the wrong lanes coz they think they can get their thing done faster by doing so. In the end, my conclusion is this. When using public property, you do not have a right. You have a duty. This is the mindset I'm gonna have. Hopefully it will inspire others, but at least I'll gonna try it. Can't preach it without practicing it
  6. Quoting myself here... Found a great web site to check, verify and decide on wheel and Tyre upgrading for your car. https://www.wheel-size.com/ We can select our model and check OEM wheel specs and matching wheels and tyres and also do comparisons. Have a check yourselves. I don't know if this is public knowledge and I was the one found it just today though.
  7. HRS

Import Honda CRV

I have question on importing a Honda CRV (Year 2018/2019) Can anyone recommend the suitable country to import this vehicle? Is it form Japan or Australia? Which one will be suitable for the condition in Sri Lanka?
  8. pug306xsi

Leather Seat Restoration

Hello Everyone, One my friends are looking to change the color of his leather seats. any place which will use the dye and change the color? black to brown. most placed i called they do not change the color with dye. Regards
  9. Engine capacity/ compression/ Octane rating/ power out put/ turbo / naturally aspirated will only have partial dependency on the fuel requirement. It is the sate of tune of the engine by the manufacturer, you have to go by their commendation. Even a 2.0 L naturally aspirated engine may need 95 octane based on the state of tune.
  10. What the hell is wrong with Toyota now!!!??? They’re trying to make luxo barges like Lexus LS sportier, while letting the Supra to be designed by the BMW. What a shame!!!

11. Correct - but actually this has got nothing to do with the Market (Europe/Non Europe) : to put it simply the 1.0L engine requires 95 OCT since it's a high compression engine. The 1.5 Would not. It's a matter of engine and not version/region.
  12. Damien79

Honda Civic Sedan 2019

Little above 11Km/L is good figure. Even after maintenance, my one does not more than 8Km/L
  13. Correct. If Agent (Stafford Motors) bring down cars can run with 92 Octane. Same sedan Stafford quote me 89 lacks Rs.. 😮
  14. Yesterday
  15. ramishkad

Issue with Honda CR-V 2018 JDM

By point #4, do you mean your head unit officially does not support Android Auto? If so, the chance of getting it to work by some hack are virtually zero. Btw Android Auto is not officially supported in SL as of yet (the app is not available in SL play store). But if you downloaded the apk from an external site, it always worked in SL even when I tried it more than 6 months back.
  16. Kgdilanka

Purchasing a new car.

Hi. I am looking for an upgrade from my Mazda Carol 2004 and looking for a vehicle around 2.5M to 3M. With that budget, i am highly concerned about fuel consumption, maintaining cost. Hence, currently i have only below options. (Registered) 1. New japan alto - some people say the second hand market will be very low. 2. Daihatsu mira - lack of spareparts 3. Wagon r - expensive maintenance cost, lack of spareparts So guys i am looking for some ideas, suggestions for a better option. (Including positive and negative sides of above options and, any other models i can go for.) Thank you.
  17. There’s a sound when I shift the gear from d to p after few miles drives. It s a chr turbo. Why is this
  18. Sampath Gunasekera

Mahindra sets up car assembly plant in Sri Lanka

I don’t know about this vehicle and I am not going to compare it with a quality Japanese vehicle. But I am always positive, if you manufacture or assemble something in Sri Lanka. It gives our country more employment opportunity, technology and it may save some US dollars within Sri Lanka. Let me tell you a story. Everyone can recognize above photo. This is a rear passenger side panel in Bajaj three wheeler. Previously these items were imported from India and quality was very poor, but price is cheaper than manufacturing it here. If something hit on this Indian part, it easily get whitening and get damaged. Later Sri Lankan government introduced a rule that certain percentage of parts of three wheeler should manufacture in Sri Lanka. So all rubber parts, plastics parts, vinyl parts were manufactured in Sri Lanka. I was the plastic raw material supplier for Polypropylene plastics for some items and I supplied a Polypropylene Co-polymer grade from Taiwan (which use for making car bumpers) to manufacturer above side panel. The Sri Lankan manufactured side panel with my Taiwanese material was so strong and much higher in quality and safety and even a person can stand on it and it will not damage or break.. (Photo shows side cover made by my material). Later government increased import tax on three wheeler and three wheeler prices were increased accordingly. Then government wanted to reduce impact on three wheeler prices increasing and government selected to withdraw of that rule with Sri Lankan made part percentage. Importing inferior quality Indian part is cheaper than manufacturing high quality Sri Lankan parts here. So simply Sri Lankan parts manufacturing stopped and now three wheeler comes with Indian manufactured side panel. Ok, I lost a business but I am a single person, but it became worst with various rubber and vinyl part manufacturers and their sub suppliers together with workers. In the past , I worked for AmSafe Bridport in Wathupitiwala EPZ for a short period , and they manufacture OEM cargo parts for Boeing and Airbus air planes. Proud to say that our Sri Lankan hands do a good job there. I am always positive if some product manufacture/assemble in Sri Lanka irrespective of the size and the value of the product, if the product is with reasonable quality. Otherwise only potato would be the product we double check and get confirm before buying it, that it is a Sri Lankan product. (Me Lankawe Alada ? 😃 )
  19. danss70

Toyota Passo nszt-w62g

I added bird-view camera in a workshop. 1. I noticed whenever I put signal lights or reverse gear the radio/audio is stopping. Is this normal for this audio set? 2. The reverse guidelines are not moving Kindly let me know if these can be corrected **Pl note: that I have asked the workshop person, he told me it is the problem with the set not the camera set-up Thanks for helping
  20. danss70

@MADNESSSsss https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Radio-FM-Band-Frequency-Expander-Converter-For-Sony-Kolo-Kenwood-Alpine/123812944047?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 yes it shows the old band from 70 to 90mhz. you have to mentally add 20 to the shown number ( back to math class 😫 )
  21. danss70

@ramishkad 1. Android Auto has started working recently (2-3 wks) in Sri Lanka 2. it is working in my phone and other phones 3. I tried with the original cables 4. Android Auto is not in VRU-195CVi menu or user guide kindly let me know if anyone successfully got it working
  22. kusumsiri

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

After checking with DMT realized it.
  23. iRage

prius or axio

Your mechanic is right. Toyota does use KYB for their shocks. What happens is the local KYB agent does not seem to have the exact corresponding part but an adaptable/compatible part.
  24. tiv

Hes spent more than the cars value to mod it to this level, Going to see a lot of hooning in these now
  25. Magnum

Took me couple of seconds to recognize it
  26. peugeot407

Viva Elite Battery Issues

Yes it is normal . The average lifespan of Viva elite battery is around 1.5 to 2 years.
  27. iRage

Best sensible car for 3 million?

Are you sure? It comes with a 1.8l engine, even the 4G18 is 1.6l AFAIK Yes...they do come with the Mitsubishi engines
  1. Load more activity