• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Hyaenidae

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

Forever... (For those who aint @iRage or havent watched initial D, Aniki = Elder brother)
  3. Sri Cloza

Toyota VIOS side mirror

Thank you for the information.
  4. Dee Jay

Toyota VIOS side mirror

check Wijerama area and panchikawatta.. there are many recon parts shops in both areas where you can find the glass (or the full mirror)
  5. Sri Cloza

Toyota VIOS side mirror

Where I can replace the mirror of Toyota vios ? (glass only)
  6. Honda N-WGN only released to the Japanese domestic market. So, there is no English manual. You can try google translator to translate sections of Japanese manual to English.
  7. Hi all, if you guys have n wgn English user manual please share it with me, (need it so badly) anyway if you have mange to translate from Japanese to English, please be kind to share with me.. huge help Thanks in advance.
  8. The driver claims seat belts were on
  9. hrm

vitz or Wagon R turbo

Go with Viz. WagonR for some reason has become the newer car with most number of issues if you look around FB groups. SL climate and its people are giving a hard time on it.
  10. Like my good friend @Sampath Gunasekera said, the competition to choose the best piece of dog shit among a whole pile is coming soon. So expect more miracles.
  11. NeroX

vitz or Wagon R turbo

Performance wise Stingray is much better. Easy to maneuver with lots of torque in the lower rev range to easily overtake when needed. Its got almost similar power output from its 0.66 L engine compared to the 1.0L unit in the Vitz (64PS vs 69PS), while torque is much better & available at a lower rev range (92Nm @ 4300rpm vs 98Nm @ 3000). Given its 100+kg lighter than the Vitz it'll feel much more nimbler to drive. Also this better power-to-weight ratio is also causing it to have better fuel consumption. Maintenance wise I'd say both are similar given the CVT drive-train. Standard maintenance is enough for both. If you buy this car brand-new/recon & don't intend to keep for 10+ years I'd say the hybrid battery is a non-issue. Plus even if it comes to that given its a mild-hybrid having a smaller battery compared to a fully blown hybrid can get a recon one for around 100k. There's plenty of expertise locally given the sheer volume hence no reason to be fearful as sometime back. Interior space wise stingray is actually more spacious than a vitz (interior length 2450mm vs 1915mm) but what you sacrifice is rear boot-space. Comfort wise not a massive difference but the vitz will have an edge given that stingray has a bit more smaller, stiffer setup with low weight. Unless you travel in really bad roads it won't be noticeable. Looks wise the Stingray falls in the Kei category whereas the Yaris is a traditional hatchback. Compared to a standard stingray the Turbo model has more road presence given its 15 inch wheels with diamond cut alloys. There will be lot of peer pressure calling out the Vitz a step up model given it looking larger outside but this can be quite misleading. In terms of bells & whistles the stingray T would have more features given its the top-end model. Features such as x8 air bags standard, cruise control, lane departure warning, radar collision warning/brake, auto stop/start, heads-up display, LED headlights/fog lamps/DRL etc, 4-way camera & top spec Harmon nav unit speakers with Android Auto/Apple Carplay. Landing all these options on the vitz is a bit tricky as these are mostly individual options you pick. Eg the standard Jewela doesn't have the stop/start system its a add on package. So is the bi-beam LED pack. Unless the car you pick had included these options you'd miss one or two here & there. Cost also naturally goes up considerably when these options are included. End of the day you really can't go wrong with any of these cars just that you need to decide which is more important. If lower TCO (Total cost of ownership), driving pleasure, fuel economy & tech gadgetry is what you prioritize go for the stingray. If you're looking for a comfortable hatchback with the known reliability & resale value of a Toyota badge go for the Vitz but you'll be paying north of 1Mn+ compared to the stingray.
  12. too much negativity? Airbags won't deploy if seatbelts not worn, not only due to design or assembly issues. Just give them some time and see, otherwise our country never progresses..
  13. Hyaenidae

Japan car DVD setup unlocking through Erc

Glad to be of service! (It worked, right? )
  14. Hyaenidae

Our new car! Thanks alot guys!!

How about a Swift sport ICE transplant That would be cooler than ICE itself
  15. I'll just leave this here
  16. Mahindra sets up car assembly plant in Sri Lanka Mahindra & Mahindra has set up an assembly plant in Colombo, Sri Lanka, as part of its initiative to push more volumes in the international market, at a time when domestic demand has been weak for the past one year. The Mumbai-based automaker will from Saturday start assembling compact SUV KUV100 at the new plant, with a production capacity of 5,000 units per annum. In collaboration with Ideal Motors of Sri Lanka, the plant has been built with an investment of over Rs 80 crore. The resultant entity has been christened Mahindra Ideal Lanka. While Ideal Motors will own 65% of the joint venture, M&M will own the remaining. Pawan Goenka, managing director of M&M, said the company would roll out more products over the next three years from the plant. “This is the first passenger car assembling plant in Sri Lanka. Sri Lanka is a key strategic market for us and we are now fully equipped to deliver products customised to local needs, on time,” Goenka said. Mahindra Ideal Lanka will localise four components — batteries, tyres, seats and exhaust — to lower down the cost to some extent. Spread over 10 acre, the plant in Sri Lanka will employ around 200 people. It was inaugurated by Sri Lanka PM Ranil Wickremesinghe. https://www.financialexpress.com/industry/mahindra-sets-up-car-assembly-plant-in-sri-lanka/1678333/
  17. Magnum

Congrats man! Sweet ride! If you are looking for upgrades, you could start with a pair of fog lamps from the JDM Swift, I guess you could find a used set from spare parts shops
  18. danss70

Issue with Honda CR-V 2018 JDM

1. Apple car play working Following are with my android phone! 2. Android auto not working 3. Bluetooth handsfree working 4. Bluetooth internavi - not sure if it will work. I am still trying 5. I have attached Car Radio FM Band Frequency Expander Converter - It is used to reduce FM 92-106 Mhz to 76-90 Mhz for conversion from ebay (US $5.65) + Rs 300.00 for fix. All radio channels working fine. @kce991 Map SD card now not available in ###### but search in Google for “honda map sd card sri lanka”.
  19. Nuwan88

Issue with Honda CR-V 2018 JDM

Hi.. I have same issue with my Honda CRV. Could you please help me to resolve this? where did you purchase the map card? 😊
  20. kmeeg

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

It just might come in handy..
  21. Yesterday
  22. iRage

but ICE can also mean Internal Combustion Engine....and in the forum most of us refer to this as ICE
  23. Naseer irfan

Gear box sound

I'm irfan I have a suzuki every da17 tiptronic when I drive some time comes some deferent sound I don't know what happened
  24. In the market for a large smart tv, anyone here had experience with Hisense bought in by Damro? And singer ?

I know hisense off China is very high grade but what about damro supplies? Clueless about singer though, they have attractive options though, cant afford the giants in the trade like lg Samsung Sony etc in a large size,

1. □AVANTE□

□AVANTE□

We are using a Skyworth smart TV for 2 years now which is also chinese. it's really good! A quick google search says that most Hisense models have great reviews & good value for $$$ (Not perfect but great for using, like a Toyota). Friend has a Singer LED (Not smart tv) and its alright for now! 

2. Magnum

Magnum

Do smart TVs make sense in SL? I'm asking this because most or all internet connections have a data limit hence it wouldnt be possible to to get proper use out of TV without finishing off your data.

3. □AVANTE□

□AVANTE□

Doesn't that depend on the data limit & number of people in the house using it? It's all upto an individual's preference & affordability I'd say.

25. □AVANTE□

Ah! Thanks for the abbreviation knowledge! The pioneers around here are obvious fakes but they seem nice. We'll see this coming week
  26. Prangi

Japan car DVD setup unlocking through Erc

I tried this app but it needs to make some payment to get a code. But you gave it for free.😀 Thanks... @Hyaenidae👍
  1. Load more activity