• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Starlet Gt Turbo Conversion

Anusavin

what do u guys think of converting a starlet in to turbo charge.. what changers need to be done & wat r the advantages & disadvantage..

how to do it ?

wat do i need?

who r the expert in the field?

how much will it cost?

thanks in advance....

what do u guys think of converting a starlet in to turbo charge.. what changers need to be done & wat r the advantages & disadvantage..

how to do it ?

wat do i need?

how much will it cost?

thanks in advance....

1. You have to have a car

2. GT Turbo Conversion materials

3. I recommend Nadeera

4. depending on the extra mods you need to done. Roughly around 200K to 300K i think. but not sure

how to do it ?

wat do i need?

how much will it cost?

thanks in advance....

You know, unlike cars such as Evo's and Subaru STi's there are quite a number of original starlet GT's running around town (along with the Later model Glanza V's) Those aren't particularly expensive to buy either, so I fail to see why you dont just look into buying one of those... Unless of course you just want the "Challenge" of doing a conversion or something?

US motors has some GT conversions, recelty they sold the modified GT conversion to Kandy and now u can only find stock conversions, euronippon also have one,

You need a Starlet and need to buy full conversion kit, inculding the front buffer, bonet, head lights, exhaust system, dashboard, Engine and Gearbox, wireharness and ECU, suspension and brakes,

you can do the convrsion at Senok, Nadeeras garage and there are few more places

this might be a silly question

are there any performance mods available for Diesel Starlet that you guys may know of?

Mate there are many you can try.

Guess your machine is a Turbo.

First and the simplest is remapping the ECU.Power enhancement of a re map accomplish 30% and up.

A good breathing is important for a Diesel system, so apposite air filter and easy flow will dig out more Bhp.

An Ideal exhaust is a must. Customizing it is a problem in SL.But if you can, High-Flow exhaust is a must to support improved hp and torque from mods.

Organized /steady suspension and wheels are equally important.

A glimpse of many… :)

MINIACE

hmm.. thanks ACE! there apparently seems to by some fun in store for my humble 65-

well she is a non-turbo / naturally aspirated. I'm not sure whether this particular engine ever came with an MOE turbo. Perhaps there may be aftermarket conversions

I've already thought about the air intake and probably will do something about it. Where in SL can one get an ECU re-mapping done?

now here is another question - that flexible joint thingy in the exhaust pipe is actually a filter right? Do these get clogged over-time and need replacement?

Edited by HardHat