• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Who Are The Ford Agents In Sri Lanka

When I checked with DPMC, they said that they are no longer dealing with FORD. Anyone knows the new agents and is this possible ?

...quite possible given there was much talk about them giving up the Ford agnecy to focus more on Bajaj and Cherry QQ which were bringing them more revenue...

absolute shame though not having an agency for one of the "Big Three"

but then agian this does pose an opportunity for anyone who has the financial clout and backing to start a new agency here - there is potential for Ford to market a range of everyday vehicles here , should someone choose to exploit it...

having said that though the cost of running an agency is also quite dear i hear , so this could well be the end of Ford in SL as we know it... :mellow:

even mor mazda car mart is no good.. they dont have codes for models they didnt bring down.. especially JDM's

but there are mazda ford garages.. one is in pepiliyana junction called mazna motors.. which deals with ford too.. he was a former carmart employee.. says he can do fords too...

It's a damn shame that the agents were unable to market this brand that well. Really like the Mondeos :(

Hope some other fella would replace DPMC...

Somehow our marketing fellows don't seem to be getting things right... if you can't sell a good brand like Ford you should bloody well call it quits...

in that regard...hats off to DPMC for admitting they sucked :angry-smiley-048:

It's a damn shame that the agents were unable to market this brand that well. Really like the Mondeos :(

Somehow our marketing fellows don't seem to be getting things right... if you can't sell a good brand like Ford you should bloody well call it quits...

Isn't this an opportunity for some enterprising guy to take over the dealership.....?

its not they couldn't Ripper, simply that they couldn't be bothered! :D with all the sales they make with Bajaj it just wasn't worth spending any resources on keeping Ford going

Most sales they made over the last decade or so were to cororates, where the Fairmont (Haleys), Laser & Mondeo (Singer) were offered as fleet vehicles

its not they couldn't Ripper, simply that they couldn't be bothered! :D with all the sales they make with Bajaj it just wasn't worth spending any resources on keeping Ford going

Most sales they made over the last decade or so were to cororates, where the Fairmont (Haleys), Laser & Mondeo (Singer) were offered as fleet vehicles

well if the trend continues all that's left would be the mass targeted vehicles like marutis, QQ's and the likes :(

could u please tell me where those places are.

sure machang,

asiri motors is located on the left side just after u pass the traffic light passing elphinisiten going towards kotahena.

and rainbow motors is also on the left side at the end of the road before the roundabout.

asiri motors number is 0115849739

rainbow motors

sure machang,

asiri motors is located on the left side just after u pass the traffic light passing elphinisiten going towards kotahena.

and rainbow motors is also on the left side at the end of the road before the roundabout.

asiri motors number is 0115849739

rainbow motors

Well Let me first start by answering your question.

If it’s models like lazer no issues u can go to Asiri & Rainbow Motors- repairs can be taken to MAZNA motors at Papiliyana Junc. Spares are also available through him such as lights used body parts etc. The engine parts are mostly the same as Mazda. So take it to him if you have an issue.

Coming to the other topic –

YES DPMC has washed their hand with FORD. A relationship that has lasted over 60 years and the beginning of their entry to motor cars….. Truly discussed… Most marriages even don’t last 60 years…

I met an service engineer /supervisor to get the word out reg the Mazda Ford Meet.

The story is that “ they ( Ford UK) are not giving them enough models to sell here in SL – they have given them only the pick up’s )

Soo just think for a sec…. UK does NOT want to sell cars and increase it’s revenue …..???? as per DPMC…… <_<

Or was it simply because they were falling behind their sales ????? Guess we will not know the complete truth.

Now the opportunity-

It’s a DAM good car brand- So if there is some one out there who can take the dealership – May he be praised by the good lord… ( Mamma Ping denava)

They are down Panchikawatte road. Rainbow is before the junction and I'm not sure exactly where Asiri is but I think its a few buildings before Rainbow

There is another place called Gamlath motors which is after the junction (you go straight without turning left).

Well Let me first start by answering your question.

If it’s models like lazer no issues u can go to Asiri & Rainbow Motors- repairs can be taken to MAZNA motors at Papiliyana Junc. Spares are also available through him such as lights used body parts etc. The engine parts are mostly the same as Mazda. So take it to him if you have an issue.

Coming to the other topic –

YES DPMC has washed their hand with FORD. A relationship that has lasted over 60 years and the beginning of their entry to motor cars….. Truly discussed… Most marriages even don’t last 60 years…

I met an service engineer /supervisor to get the word out reg the Mazda Ford Meet.

The story is that “ they ( Ford UK) are not giving them enough models to sell here in SL – they have given them only the pick up’s )

Soo just think for a sec…. UK does NOT want to sell cars and increase it’s revenue …..???? as per DPMC…… <_<

Or was it simply because they were falling behind their sales ????? Guess we will not know the complete truth.

Now the opportunity-

It’s a DAM good car brand- So if there is some one out there who can take the dealership – May he be praised by the good lord… ( Mamma Ping denava)

I do not think any of the Fords sold in SL are of Uk origin. They are nearly all of Japanese and Korean origin (Lazer Festivaetc.)

I've never seen the UK originating Fiesta, Focus or Mondeo's in Sri Lankan roads.

Edited by The Don

I do not think any of the Fords sold in SL are of Uk origin. They are nearly all of Japanese and Korean origin (Lazer Festivaetc.)

I've never seen the UK originating Fiesta, Focus or Mondeo's in Sri Lankan roads.

The Australian Fairmont with an original 4.2L :unsure: dual fuel (Petrol/Gas) motor was sold here

as was the Mondeo Ghia

the only Fiesta's , Festiva's and Focus' about town are personal imports AFAIK

The Australian Fairmont with an original 4.2L :unsure: dual fuel (Petrol/Gas) motor was sold here

as was the Mondeo Ghia

the only Fiesta's , Festiva's and Focus' about town are personal imports AFAIK

The Festiva s were imported brand new by DPMC

• 3 years later...