• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Going Turbo On A D15b

dilan_rs

Most of the civic's,crx's and Delsols came with D15b engines. Me and my friend, we collecting money to get a turbo on our cars. Honda guru's please give us some info about the whole scenario. Will 200k be enough to get it up and running.

Thanks.

I saw this post earlier but im planning it out. I need to know in detail bro. What kind of engine mods that has to be done. Since d15b engines run with high compression its a crazy idea to turbo charge it. But i heard if you drop in some low comp cams it would solve the problem. I need proof of this bro and today i saw a yellow civic sedan with out the front bumper with an inter cooler. Who owns it? is it someone in AL..........

Help me out guys

:rolleyes:

Not very knowledgable on Honda's bro, but you should also consider the alternatives to going Turbo before you actually do it.

This is because Turbo conversions are very tricky and in a lot of occasions lead to higher wear and tear on the engine (due to excessive stress on its components) and lead to faliure. Also a lot of used turbos used for these conversions do not last that long.

The alternatives you should consider are,

Swapping with a B16A or a B16B engine which should give you extra horse power from a naturally aspirated engine ! or dropping in a 1.8L engine from the Integra which should give you about 200 horses while still staying Naturally aspirated.

I believe the swap of the above nature would cost the same as a turbo conversion, give you power are much lower revs and last much longer

Just my 2 cents,

I saw this post earlier but im planning it out. I need to know in detail bro. What kind of engine mods that has to be done. Since d15b engines run with high compression its a crazy idea to turbo charge it. But i heard if you drop in some low comp cams it would solve the problem. I need proof of this bro and today i saw a yellow civic sedan with out the front bumper with an inter cooler. Who owns it? is it someone in AL..........

Help me out guys

:rolleyes:

hey bro, was playing around with the same idea as you a while back. (as you would have seen)

wouldn't advise you to do it unless you've got heaps of cash just lying around. cos you've gotta do a whole lot of building before hand. Like the don said, a swap of that nature would give you comparatively less trouble in the long run.

if you're still adament on doing it, talk to Nigel or Zakie. I think even gihanfx would be albe to give you some first hand experience.

I know the car you're reffering to. will give you a buzz.

Edited by Arc Angel

Most of the civic's,crx's and Delsols came with D15b engines. Me and my friend, we collecting money to get a turbo on our cars. Honda guru's please give us some info about the whole scenario. Will 200k be enough to get it up and running.

Thanks.

machan try talking to zakie , he's the vetaran for D15b 's

his mobile 0777-508864

hey bro, was playing around with the same idea as you a while back. (as you would have seen)

wouldn't advise you to do it unless you've got heaps of cash just lying around. cos you've gotta do a whole lot of building before hand. Like the don said, a swap of that nature would give you comparatively less trouble in the long run.

if you're still adament on doing it, talk to Nigel or Zakie. I think even gihanfx would be albe to give you some first hand experience.

I know the car you're reffering to. will give you a buzz.

Nice to talk to you bro.

Thesedays we are completing our Honda D15 Turbo conversion, its done by some one else and the owner sold the car to us, the car got a great ECU done by Zakie, but afer we got the car we had many troubles and now most of the things are ok, when we got the car most of the internals were stock but the car is so fast and it runs around 0.6 bar boost,

After we had trouble with Turbo, Piston Play, Bov not opening, cracked pressure plate and some oil leaks too, we remove the engine to pieces and found out it has Vtec Pistons and Rods, but we replaced them with new Forge Pistons and Rods, Rebuild the Turbo, and fixed a Boost Controller,

Anyway Turbocharging a Honda is agreat idea and its a success too, for the ECU contact Zakie and for Turbo stuff contact Sacha (WEPR)

Edited by GihanFX

Not very knowledgable on Honda's bro, but you should also consider the alternatives to going Turbo before you actually do it.

This is because Turbo conversions are very tricky and in a lot of occasions lead to higher wear and tear on the engine (due to excessive stress on its components) and lead to faliure. Also a lot of used turbos used for these conversions do not last that long.

The alternatives you should consider are,

Swapping with a B16A or a B16B engine which should give you extra horse power from a naturally aspirated engine ! or dropping in a 1.8L engine from the Integra which should give you about 200 horses while still staying Naturally aspirated.

I believe the swap of the above nature would cost the same as a turbo conversion, give you power are much lower revs and last much longer

Just my 2 cents,

Yes B16A , B18C swaps are more easy and success than the Turbo conversions, cus u need to modify brakes, suspention and many things when turbocharing, but swaps comes with all the things

Yes most of the use turbos dnt last long ( but Turbo is more fun than the NA )

Edited by GihanFX