• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

1998 Honda Integra Gsr (automatic))

shane6399

• 2 months later...

The teg is back in the garage for some TLC. The gearbox is getting revamped. And some exhaust work as well. Pics coming soon

She is even better now machan!.

Any luck with a manual box. Cant you just swap a D series manual one for B series motor?.

I have no idea why I haven't come across this thread before. Just went through all your photos on FB. Love the angel eyes and the paint in particular machang. That's a nice ride! :grinning-smiley-003: I'm sure I've seen her on the road a couple of times.

Waiting for more photos...

I have no idea why I haven't come across this thread before. Just went through all your photos on FB. Love the angel eyes and the paint in particular machang. That's a nice ride! :grinning-smiley-003: I'm sure I've seen her on the road a couple of times.

Waiting for more photos...

thanks mate. my pride and joy. the auto box broke down the other day. had to eventually truck it to my mech in kolonnawa. he says the oil filters inside have got packed up. getting that repaired, and exploring the option of sticking in a manual. very difficult to find a box. the guy at car smile auto said he'll convert for me, but i'm sure that will cost an arm and a leg and a lifetime of slavery for my firstborn child!!

my family of mechanically-bent people are advising to keep the auto. so i'm in a quandary.

and no i can't use a d series box. has to be a b series manual. any b series will do. but none in the country. scoured panchikawatte and delkanda. heartbreaking, that.

photo3fn.jpg

here's the culprit! bad box! box baaaad!!

photo4ec.jpg

and there it is, in various pieces. sadly it couldn't be repaired any further in this workshop, so had to tow her to kolonnawa

photo1k.jpg

there she goes on her way. took the lights off to smoke them. its a translucent sticker so it comes off if i don't like the end result.

more updates along the way

• Like 1

Checked. No luck. :(

Machan who was there when you call them?. Unlike attidiya place, these people dont know the specific details(except one guy). Most of the time their answere was no over the phone but still its possible to find one . I'll try to go there tomorrow and have a look.

Machan who was there when you call them?. Unlike attidiya place, these people dont know the specific details(except one guy). Most of the time their answere was no over the phone but still its possible to find one . I'll try to go there tomorrow and have a look.

Thanks mate. I PM'd you. Really appreciate it.

Thanks mate. I PM'd you. Really appreciate it.

Machan, I'm assuming that you had already seen that ad in ##### for a place called car smile auto in Attidiya road dehiwala. The number is 0714822643/ 0777483298 email [email protected]

I don't know these guys at all but they are advertising B series conversion kits including auto to manual conversions. Might be worthwhile giving them a ring. Its possible at the very least they might have a discarded auto box for cheap to fix your broken auto box if replacement is needed.

Machan, I'm assuming that you had already seen that ad in ##### for a place called car smile auto in Attidiya road dehiwala. The number is 0714822643/ 0777483298 email [email protected]

I don't know these guys at all but they are advertising B series conversion kits including auto to manual conversions. Might be worthwhile giving them a ring. Its possible at the very least they might have a discarded auto box for cheap to fix your broken auto box if replacement is needed.

Tried car smile. Was given attitude by the low-downers who said that they can't give me just a gearbox. Have to buy engine also.

Buddhika the owner said the only option is to bring down the entire conversion kit. He said he'll give me a cost estimate by saturday, but he was too busy for comment afterwards. Considering how he once quoted 400,000+ for a civic sir conversion, I'm thinking this will be 200k +

Am trying Zackie and wasantha

Tried car smile. Was given attitude by the low-downers who said that they can't give me just a gearbox. Have to buy engine also.

Buddhika the owner said the only option is to bring down the entire conversion kit. He said he'll give me a cost estimate by saturday, but he was too busy for comment afterwards. Considering how he once quoted 400,000+ for a civic sir conversion, I'm thinking this will be 200k +

Am trying Zackie and wasantha

I am sorry to hear that. When you say Wasantha is it Wasantha down baseline road?

Is it possible that after the cleaning the auto box will perform as normal for sometime? My mechanic (might be the same Wasantha above) proposed that we clean the system at the same time the fluid is changed in our Swift which sounded like a good idea.

I am sorry to hear that. When you say Wasantha is it Wasantha down baseline road?

Is it possible that after the cleaning the auto box will perform as normal for sometime? My mechanic (might be the same Wasantha above) proposed that we clean the system at the same time the fluid is changed in our Swift which sounded like a good idea.

this is the wasantha who broke off from stafford. he's down gal vihara road in dehiwala. he says that the sediment in the filters is from the clutch plates. asked me to replace the plates and filters. my mech, indika, is already on the job. sadly a manual conversion kit will have to be brought down for this, and that will cost me well over 275,000. and that with my government salary is a no-go!

am looking to see if i can get a good deal overseas for a kit. and ship it in. repairing the auto box in the meantime.

this is the wasantha who broke off from stafford. he's down gal vihara road in dehiwala. he says that the sediment in the filters is from the clutch plates. asked me to replace the plates and filters. my mech, indika, is already on the job. sadly a manual conversion kit will have to be brought down for this, and that will cost me well over 275,000. and that with my government salary is a no-go!

am looking to see if i can get a good deal overseas for a kit. and ship it in. repairing the auto box in the meantime.

275K is an absurd amount of money :) I remember the days when a petrol engine could be bought for about 30K :) Good luck with the repair!

its here! finally!! after 6 weeks santa came! left me with a whopping tax bill but i was too teary eyed to give a f**k!

4" blue burnt tip muffler (silenced, mind you. not a fart cannon)

photo1ex.jpg

front upper arm with adjustable camber:

photo2sth.jpg

rear upper arm with adjustable camber:

photodcn.jpg

aaand (drum roll please)... slotted cross-drilled brake rotors!! woohoo!! *-happy dance happy dance-*

photo3krx.jpg

can't wait to get the teg out on the road... expect more pics soon!

• Like 5

its here! finally!! after 6 weeks santa came! left me with a whopping tax bill but i was too teary eyed to give a f**k!

4" blue burnt tip muffler (silenced, mind you. not a fart cannon)

photo1ex.jpg

front upper arm with adjustable camber:

photo2sth.jpg

rear upper arm with adjustable camber:

photodcn.jpg

aaand (drum roll please)... slotted cross-drilled brake rotors!! woohoo!! *-happy dance happy dance-*

photo3krx.jpg

can't wait to get the teg out on the road... expect more pics soon!

cool stuff you got there man congratulations btw how much all of that cost you?.